Friday, November 7, 2014

Visiting LA

To Grandmothers house we go!

Cody and I took a three day layover in LA visiting my grandmother. She was kind enough to let us stay and use her car for our shenanigans.

I'll just go over the highlights...
Big thank you to Camille and Jake for picking us up on the fly pun intended. Enjoyed every minute with you and wished it could have been longer. Next, Cody and I covered the Hollywood sign, Griffith Observatory, Point Dume, Santa Monica,Venice beach, and the greatest Mexican restaurant the world will ever know- El Tarasco. The Good Year blimp graced us with her presence; which I'll take as a good omen :) And we even got to do a little hiking in what was left of the Angeles Crest mountains. Compared to TX those mountains were bone dry. We met up with my childhood friend Karen (thank you for lunch in was wonderful to catch up.) And finally we finished up with a trip to the LA tar pits and a bite to eat at the Original Pantry in downtown LA with my grandmother.

All in all it was a really great trip even with the hiccup with the GPS -we needed to replace it and with the help of my Dad/Mom/Grandma the day was saved and a new one came to our doorstep just in time for boarding our flight to New Zealand. Who knew there were so many heros in my family. Thank you guys for saving the day/the trip. I appreciate all the help you gave.

I haven't quite figured out an app that will let me do captions under pictures so you all will have to bear with me while I clump a pile of photos together at the bottom of this post.








No comments:

Post a Comment